Monday, March 21, 2011

Custom Built

Do you ever watch those shows on HGTV and other channels where people are looking for a home?  Or, have you, yourself, been through the experience of looking for a home, especially a home to purchase?  Boy do we have our specific criteria: the size of the home, how many rooms, the color(s) of each room, the view it should have, the yard it should have, the amenities it should have...and so on.

Now, unless you are truly wealthy, you always end up having to make some sort of compromise; you never get everything exactly as you wanted.  On the other hand, I know of someone who recently purchased a $55 million home, then spent $45 million to customize it!

Yeeeaaah...I'm pretty sure I won't be able to relate to that experience in this life.

HOWEVER....

...Jesus promised that he is preparing a place for me in heaven:

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
 - John 14:2-3

When I get to heaven, I will have my own place, prepared just for me, by Jesus himself!  (I mean, Jesus treated his followers individually while he was here; how much more will he customize our rooms/places in heaven?)

How exactly will this look?  I don't know.  Will my place have an awesome game room?  Will it have a killer pool?  Will it be the starship Enterprise, under my command??

One thing we know is that Jesus can do "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).  (I don't know about you, but I often feel like Han Solo with that concept: "I don't know; I can imagine quite a bit.")  So one thing's for sure (no, not that we're all gonna be a lot thinner): it is going to be AWESOME!!  I can hardly wait!

Plus(!), even the $55 million homes are here today and gone tomorrow; my home in heaven is eternal, paid for, and will never need any kind of maintenance whatsoever.  I'd say that is well worth the wait!

(Man, just imagine that house-warming party....)

2 comments:

  1. Cool thought Sean, Great positive blog!

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something we all look forward to, I'm sure. The thrill of such things here are temporary. I'd love to see a glimpse of the future....
    -Vees

    ReplyDelete