Friday, April 22, 2011

All Comfort

Man have I been feeling the battle lately.  (For more on said battle, see the "My book!" link in the upper right. :D )

Jesus was right: every day really does have enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:34).  Sometimes, I just want it to be over already.  A minister asked lately what one question we would ask Jesus if we had the chance.  After a little thought, I came up with, "What are you waiting for?"

But then I remember that I serve the God of all comfort:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
 - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


and I go to Him, His word, and His people.  Even better, I remember and meditate on the fact that, once in heaven, the battle is over and won, and there is eternal comfort in store for me (Luke 16:25)!

I start to feel the sweet, sweet victory that is mine once again, and I keep going, ready to share with someone in need the comfort I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment