Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No Famine, Just Feast

This past Sunday we joined friends for an Easter feast.  Oh man, that was good stuff!  My wife said it was like being at a buffet, and she was right (three different meats alone, plus all the sides and desserts)!

And yes, I thought of heaven:

I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
 - Matthew 8:11


I LOVE food!  I love eating it.  I love smelling it.  I love tasting it.  And, unlike many, I revel in the joys of food without paying too much attention to the effect it has on my waste size.  :D  (I may have to start making different choices soon due to strictly health reasons, but for now....)

There are a couple scenes in "Supernatural," apparently in heaven, with a personalized feast for the character: one platter piled two feet high with juicy cheeseburgers, and a deep pail filled with ice-cold beers.  Sounds good to me!  Add an endless supply of hot-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies and I'm set!

Whatever it turns out to be, I am sure that, with God as the Head Chef, this feast will be beyond perfectly amazing...especially since I won't be enjoying it alone!

2 comments:

  1. All of a sudden I'm really hungry...and I really want to go to heaven, too...like right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still young... You've got many more years to eat like that; but for me on the other hand... That is why I stuck to the Talapia and vegetables. I'm much older in years. But then I'm also much closer than you in enjoying the Heavenly Feast you mention above. We enjoyed hanging with your family, eating, and playing football!! I'm sure football will be in Heaven too, right?

    ReplyDelete