Sunday, May 29, 2011

Trials' End

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
 - James 1:2-4

What don't kill ya make ya more strong!
 - Metallica

Trials.  Tests.  Challenges.  Hard times.  Man, "you know I've had my share..."

Sad, lonely, profoundly insecure, and eventually suicidal, growing up.  Father got sick and died literally when a boy needs his dad the most.  Drugs, alcohol, and all that path brings.  Heart broken repeatedly.  Disappointment.  Disillusionment.  Frustration.  Multiple layoffs.  Financially strapped for...ever, it seems.

And this is just the tip-of-the-iceberg snapshot of my story.  What about your story?  What have you endured?  I have some friends who have been through things I know I could never handle!  (Thankfully, God promises those who love him that we will never be tested beyond what we can handle.)  But you know what?  Even despite this promise, and despite how good for me trials are, sometimes, I am cotton pickin' tired of all the trials!  Sometimes, I just want what I want, when I want, how I want, and exactly the way I want...and I want it to be EASY!

Contrary to what we would prefer, however, trials are an inevitable part of life.  And truly, the best thing of all is that, for those who are in a position to claim them, not only are these trials progenitors of bigger, longer-lasting benefits; but, one day, the trials will end forever, and we will have relief(!):


God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.
 - 2 Thessalonians 1:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment